“Future of Work” Conference
Time & Location
About the Event
New forces are transforming the world of work: Technological development. Climate change. Demographic shifts. Globalization.
These transitions call for decisive action. The business community needs to seize the moment to unlock the opportunities that these changes bring for people with disabilities.
The ILO Global Business and Disability Network (GBDN) will hold its “Making the Future of Work inclusive of persons with disabilities” conference on 21 and 22 November 2019, at the ILO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, to discuss how companies can shape a world of work which fully harnesses the potential people with disabilities offer.
Thursday, 21 November 2019
09:45-10:15 Welcome coffee
10:30-11:00 Opening session and welcome remarks
11:00-12:30 Presentation of the Future of Work publication and panel discussion by policy makers
12:30-14:00 Lunch break
14:00-15:30 Parallel thematic sessions
- Session 1: Artificial intelligence and its impact on the employment of persons with disabilities
- Session 2: Targeted initiatives to provide digital skills to persons with disabilities
- Session 3: The role of Employee Resource Groups to promote a disability-inclusive Future of Work
15:30-16:00 Coffee break
16:00-17:00 Plenary focus session on global private sector and disability initiatives, e.g.
- The Valuable 500 campaign
- Business Disability Forum (BDF)’s Global Business Disability Framework
- Purple Light up campaign
17:00-18:00 Launch of the ILO Global Business and Disability Network’s worldwide communication campaign
Friday, 22 November 2019
09:00-09:30 Official welcome of new members to the ILO Global Business and Disability Network
09:30-11:00 Parallel thematic sessions
- Session 4: The role of the public sector to lead by example and create the adequate enabling policy environment for an inclusive Future of Work
- Session 5: Leaving no one behind: a focus on mental health and neurodiversity in the workplace
- Session 6: Assistive technologies and Universal Design to promote the employment of persons with disabilities
11:00-11:30 Coffee break
11:30-12:45 Plenary panel discussion with the rapporteurs of the six parallel sessions on global initiatives to ensure a Future of Work inclusive of persons with disabilities
12:45-13:00 Closing remarks
13:00-14:00 Networking lunch
14:00-17:00 The afternoon will allow for diverse sessions, including presentations by participants.
The pre-defined sessions will include briefings on the situation in particular countries and on the application of national employment quota systems.
A brainstorming session will allow to discuss the launch of an initiative on a Future of Work inclusive of persons with disabilities, under the auspices of the ILO Global Business and Disability Network.
A half-hour coffee break is foreseen for 15:30.
International Sign interpretation and Live Captioning will be provided. Plenary and parallel sessions will be livestreamed and the links will be made available beforehand.
Please register here. Registration and participation are free of charge.